Many learners would like additional maths materials and past papers to review, especially learners who are entering into Grade 11 and 12, where the stress of the final exams starts to mount.
We’ve therefore included some useful resources here that we hope can assist all learners, but especially those from Grade 10 to 12.
1) FREE videos that cover all key sections for Grade 11-12
One of our centre managers – Riyaadh Ebrahim – has developed close to 70 videos on all the grade 11-12 topics which we are making freely available. Please download the attached workbook with all the exercises and examples from the videos which can help you further.
CONTENTS OF VIDEOS:
- Exponents, logs and surds – Video 1, Video 2 and Video 3
- Algebra – Video 1, Video 2, Video 3, #4, #5, #6, #7
- Functions – Video2, Video3-(1), 3-(2), 4, 5, 6, 7-(1), 7-(2), 8-(1), 8-(2),
- Calculus, Video 2, Video 3, 4,
- Financial Maths – Video2, 3, 4
- Number patterns – Videos2, 3,4
- Linear programming
- Analytical Geometry – Videos 1(2), Video2, 3, 4, 5, 5(2) 6
- Trigonometry– Videos 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 , 8(2)
- Transformations – Videos 2
- Data handling – Videos 2
To view these and download the complimentary maths workbook that goes along with the videos – click here
2) Past matric maths papers
NSC/CAPS – Dept of Basic Education Papers:
We’ve included matric maths papers for the years 2011 onwards. Visit our past matric paper page for more.
We find that the IEB papers are often seen as more difficult because they focus on more application of the maths concepts. For those who want to push themselves a little more, we suggest you try these. We’ve included from years 2011 onwards. Visit our past matric paper page to download these.
3) Past papers for the other grades
4) Some great worksheets from Maths @ Sharp
- Each grade has a number of worksheets that will really help you prepare for exams:
5) For those stars who want extra resources and games to stretch you….
We have tons of additional resources which we can share with you. If you’d like to access some of these additional free resources, email us on email@example.com and we’ll send you resources that are relevant for your needs.
6) Siyavula Free Maths textbooks – for Grade 10-12
7) Other sites that we find useful
- Khan Academy provides useful videos and content for Maths – www.khanacademy.org
- MathsTV.com for short videos that provide different ways of solving the same equations.
8) Filling in the gaps – games and videos for the key learning gaps we’ve identified.
Many of our learners are missing some key fundamentals from their primary school grades – things like multiplication and division, fractions and adding/subtracting with negative numbers. We’ve included some fun games and videos that will help you to practice these maths areas without getting bored, or help you develop those mental pictures to solve these types of maths problems, which seem easy, but form the foundation of your future maths career.
Visit the relevant maths area you’d like practice further:
9) Information on the Basic Education Sector in general