We focus on the key topics that have been covered in the previous terms – helping learners to revise and master these topics before the new term.
Classes run as follows:
- Each hour we tackle a different topic or subtopic.
- First, learners are given a problem to solve together with the tutor. Tutors always call on learners to provide the answers – when a learner gets it wrong, this serves as a valuable lesson on how and where to improve.
- Then learners move into pairs and solve similar but more diverse and complex questions together
- The tutor moves around the room giving support and asking probing questions
- Finally, the tutor debriefs some of the key questions before moving onto the next hour’s topic.
For homework – Brighter Futures use an advanced maths website – www.siyavula.co.za. When you join you get access to this website, which has 1,000’s of maths questions to practice across Gr8-12. We assign homework to do on the site at home. Furthermore any questions not completed in class from the worksheets provided are also for homework.
* March holidays: 18-20 March
* June holidays: 18-21 June
* Sept holidays: 25-28 Sept